Monday, September 8, 2008

Fall '08 pick # 2: Perfume of the Season, Jewelry, and beauty picks

JEWELRY

Urban Outfitters
I don't wear watched much either, but this one.... I think you can understand.


Urban Outfitters "Cougar Ring"
What is it with me and animal jewelry? This ring is bangin', and I normally don't like/wear rings, but I'm tempted on this.... it's just so fun.


Urban Outfitters
Cute, simple compared to other pieces I've put up. They come in other upholstered looks, but I think plaid is coming back.
Urban Outfitters
This necklace reminds me of David Yurman, except it's much more affordable! In middle school I piled a million chains around my neck, but it never looked this good. Color me jealous.
Urban Outfitters Snake Charm
Does anyone remember those Christian Lacroix pumps with the Swarovski crystal python circling the heel? I think I put the picture of it up on my wall last year, but Google seems to be pissed and unable to find it. Whatever, I love snakes in jewelry (not in person) and this necklace is really cute.

BEAUTY PICKS
Bare Minerals Starter kit
I thought Bare Mineals was a joke. But was I wrong! I hated using liquid make up because I always felt over done, but now I can barely tell I'm wearing it at all, and I love that. I won't be going back, this stuff is amazing!
NARS Blush "Orgasm"
They say that this blush works universally on every skin type, but the only reason why I acquired this blush was because that just wasn't the case. My mom handed it off to my sisters and I when it didn't work for her, but it sure worked for us! It's now a rule that the NARS stays home so no one uses it all by themselves at school. Love this shit!

NARS Lipgloss "Orgasm"
So I bought this during ony of my breaks on the job at Tysons, and I love it. I never buy lipstick or lip gloss, but I needed something for a wedding I was going to. I was impressed with Nars eye shadow, and the blush I featured, so I thought this was a no brainer buy. What a deal! While it's obviously pricier than the CVS brands I stick to, it's well worth the money. The gloss is sheer, but the impact is wonderful. I might be running out of it soon!

FRAGRANCES
Tom Ford's "Black Orchid"
I've been salivating over this scent for a while now. I never had the money to buy it, but I think it might be the first of my purchases this fall. Besides other things in fashion, and out of all the beauty products I could buy, I think that parfum as a staple stands on its own. I think it may just be me, but my sense of smell is everything. I love smelling good, and I love it when other people smell good too.

Chanel No. 5
This is the perfume I wear every day. While I love the classic scent, I recently noticed it gracing the aura of a much older....older woman, and suddenly I felt that I might be out of touch.(perhaps trying out Coco Mademoiselle would be a better alternative). And besides, it's a bit too flowery for winter.

DKNY Delicious
I smelled this on a whim in Sephora one day because I was reminded of it at a student art show where a student had recreated the magazine advertisement for this perfume. AMAZING. I love apples, and this smells like the real deal. I thought it would be cute to smell like apples in the fall, with a cool breeze whipping the leaves up around you. Maybe I idealize too much?

No comments: