Monday, September 15, 2008

Shopping: The Musical

I just finished reading the Style and Society Blog at Vanity Fair, it's article "Runway Rhythms and Front Row Sightings" was pretty interesting. Morgan waxed thoughtfully on the use of music during runway shows at Fashion Week. I know that music sets a tone, but I wonder if anyone has ever shopped to a song? I guess this is used in music videos (maybe?), but do a lot of designers use certain songs as inspiration? Did Michael Kors and his design team listen to "Our lips Are Sealed" a billion times while drawing up concepts? Personally, I think not. But what if you picked a series of songs, brought your ipod to the mall and shopped according to the music you listened to? Would you be happy with what you had purchased once you got home? Would shopping be easier this way?

I think I might scour my iTunes later tonight (while I procrastinate on studying) and pick a song to arrange a wardrobe for. Would it be easy to pick out an entire series of clothes according to the mood of one song? This might be easy, or it might be incredibly hard....

No comments: