Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Interior Motive

I barely have any time to write before my next class (Art History), but I thought I would share some pictures that I've been salivating over. This Blog was created not only for Fashion, but also for Interior design, of which I have had a serious affection for every since I worked at Resto. And from when I was apeshit about scenic design. I love it. Since working at Resto I've grown fond of hardware imparticular, and when I moved into my Victorian apartment, all I could think about was 3" pulls, color schemes, and switchplates. I'm lame. But ambitious!

While there are more to come, here are some of my favorites right now.

Anthropologie
Love the bird. Anthropologie's Hardware is something to covet, expecially if you're into Kitchie and off-beat fixtures.

Anthropologie "Mother of Pearl" Switchplates
Anthropologie Knob
(I thought these would look really cute in my kitchen.)

Anthropologie
(I considered replacing the pull of my front door with this, but I don't know if my Landlord would approve.)

Anthropologie
Too bad none of my dressers have knobs!

Anthropologie
While this looks awesome, the $4800 price tag completely turns me off. This would be a great DIY, though. Any thoughts?


Restoration Hardware
I love the Crystal Collection that RH runs. All their lamps are quite traditional, but the Stacked Block Crystal Table Lamp is as modern as it gets.

Restoration Hardware "Chelsea Column" Table Lamp
I've been a fan of their Fluted Column, but their new Chelsea really stands out, especially in the Polished Chrome finish they've got going on.

Restoration Hardware "Sea Green"
Restoration's signature color is "Silver Sage", but their slightly darker counterpart, Sea Green, is a good choice too. My Apartment luckily came with a similar color.

Restoration Hardware
Where were these when I was employed?! Love them, no explanation needed!

No comments: